As I mentioned the other day, there were two more gelli prints awaiting to be finished so I could show them to you. They belong to my 'green period' prints, since I created them to use up the excess paint I had poured onto my palette.
single gelli print, graphite and collage on 250 gsm Stonehenge paper
I've been deliberately more careless with my brushstrokes and even added a touch of painting on the dried print. It's the narrow whitish band in the middle, painted with white acrylic. I used a palette knife to create the relief that may be seen as a surf line. The mosaic on the right is a collaged piece of paper that I painted a long time ago.
single gelli print, rubber stamping and graphite on 250 gsm Stonehenge paper
Extra-careless brushstrokes here and a mistake I decided to endorse. The printed area was supposed to be centered on the paper but I didn't place it correctly on the gel plate. These papers are smaller than the plate, so this mistake was bound to happen at some point.
The small grungy square on the lower right side of the print was stamped directly onto the paper using the flat 'bottom' of a rubber and a grungy black ink pad.
The urge to go back to the greys and grey-blues is quite strong but I am resisting it, I don't know for how long. There's something more I need to do with bright colours, though I won't find out what till I actually do it. I've been eyeing my little bottle of bright red liquid acrylic with wonder and, as we all know, there's no telling what red is capable of.